Search This Blog

Join the adventure

Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Top Ten

10. I finally have a home. I moved all over the state of South Carolina while I was growing up. Now Gaffney is my home - I've lived here for 22 years.

9. I've only been teaching for 7 years. I was a stay at home mom.

8. Just recently became a Nicholas Sparks fan. I had seen several of his movies and needed a good beach read - The Guardian. Loved it!! Next on my list is A Walk to Remember.

7. My favorite movies are the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

6.Favorite scene from Pirates is on the beach when Will says good-bye to Elizabeth. If you haven't seen it, I don't want to spoil it. Let's just say that I am ready to kiss my hubbie right then!

5. Reality TV reminds me how truly blessed I am. Housewives!! Ha - most of them aren't even wives any more. And yet, I still keep watching.




4. With that said, those are only my guilty sneeks on TV. My absolute favs are The Mentalist, Drop      Dead Diva, Criminal Minds, and Supernatural, of course. I married a Dean!!!

3. Teaching is a calling for me. It's what God had planned for my life. Each day I ask him to lead me in my actions, words, and in everything I do.

2. My other calling was to be a mother of three wonderful children. I have two boys, 16 and 13, and a girl, 10. They bring joy, laughter and tears daily.

1. My husband (the coach) and I are about to celebrate our 19th anniversary. He is my best friend. He jokes with me all the time that empty nest is just another opportunity to extend our love to his athletes - and, once again, he is soooo right!

3 comments:

  1. It's tradition that my hubby buys me every Nicholas Sparks book when it's released. I can guarantee you every single one of them are great! Even his memoire! Thanks for joining in my linky party!

    Rachel
    Go Fourth! With Mrs. Owens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Nicholas Sparks....have you read "The Last Song?" I loved it....I get so "stuck" into books that I stay up all night reading, this was the same way.

    http://thebubblyblondeteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky you are to have 3 children!
    Stop by my blog, follow me & find out about my 200 follower giveaway :o)
    Peace, Mel D
    Oh the Places We’ll Go

    ReplyDelete