Search This Blog

Join the adventure

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Desks and tables classroom

Several years ago I had only tables in my first grade classroom in effort to appease my principal's experimental whim. We kept them until Christmas and converted the classroom to desks over break. The thought was that the children would transition from the kindergarten Montessori classroom setup to a more traditional first grade setup. I struggled with student supply storage during that time. I used drawers for the chidlren, but wasn't happy with that solution. The chair buddies would have been wonderful, but we couldn't afford them. Now I have a table for small group instruction and one for the writing center. The students sit in desk groups. Here is a picture of the groups.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing and for linking up! Your room is beautiful! :)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete