Search This Blog

Join the adventure

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Calendar Math vs. Promethean Board Linky Party

Our district implemented Every Day Counts calendar math many years ago. I can admit that I resisted using the program for a couple of years, but saw the benefits of daily instruction after only a few weeks. The problem was having only three small bulletin boards to use. Then the questions - which one do I use? What do I include? What do I leave out? How can I keep the kids attention? How can I design it so that everyone can see? Then, I was blessed with my BOARD!!! It took me a whole summer to create my first flipchart, but thanks to my IT lady, the following months became easier. I love using the board for calendar math because it gives the helper for the day the opportunity to teach the class. I also have an opportunity to assess on several standards at once. I have posted a few of them here on my blog. Sorry that I slacked off. I'll redo them for the whole school year and post them in the next couple of weeks.

April Calendar
March Calendar
February Calendar

0 comments:

Post a Comment